Vanilla Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1⅓ cup (167 g) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (16 g) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 g) Mosi Vanilla Matcha
- ½ tsp (2 g) baking soda
- ½ cup (114 g) salted butter - melted
- ⅔ cup (133 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110 g) light brown sugar - packed
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- 1½ tsp (7 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (177 g) chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt - for sprinkling (optional)
Tools + Equipment
- small cookie scoop
- mixing bowls
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- food scale
- stand mixer
- cooling rack
- measuring cups and spoons
- rubber spatula
- hand mixer
- silicone baking mat
STEP 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and matcha powder until well combined. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
STEP 3: Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined into a dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
STEP 4: Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking liner or parchment paper.
STEP 5: Use a small cookie scoop to scoop dough out onto lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
STEP 6: Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Centers will still look underdone just as they come out of the oven -- the cookies will continue to cook a bit as they cool. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.